9 Awesome Websites for Creative Commons Images for Social Media Campaigns
Preparing a social media campaign and you still haven’t found the perfect photos? Here are awesome websites for Creative Commons images to keep in mind!
If you are a social media marketer or blogger, you know how challenging it is to find the ideal photo to use in your social media campaign. We all know that images are one of the most important elements for boosting engagement and unless you are willing to pay for it, finding the perfect photo can be a time-consuming process.
In order to help you out, we’ve decided to come up with this handy selection of free stock photo websites or 9 awesome websites where you can find Creative Commons images for social media campaigns:
Follow us on our social networks
1. IM Free – This website can offer you a great collection of free web design resources and everything you see here is available for both personal and commercial use. The royalty-free stock images are organized by themes, for example, education, technology, and nature. On the website, you will also find free icons, templates, button makers, icons, and more.
2. Gratisography – This is one of the most interesting free stock photography websites and all because of the talented photographer Ryan McGuire. All of the photos are royalty-free, high-quality, and ready for your use, however you like. The photos are organized into different categories such as nature, animals, people, objects, urban, and whimsical. New photos are added every week.
3. Picjumbo – With more than 5 million downloads since 2013, this website is one of the most popular resources when it comes to images for social media campaigns. You can click and go through different categories of more than 600 free and high-resolution images or download a pack which includes all photos and Photoshop mockups (if you decide to download this pack, a donation of $10 or more is required).
4. Pixabay – This website offers more than 490.000 free photos and videos for both personal and commercial use. All photos on this website are royalty free and released under Creative Commons license which means they can be edited and used commercially online and in print.
5. Morguefile – One of the oldest website on this list. Established in 1996, this website offers photographers free images to use in creative projects. Morguefile asks the artists or photographers to be credited when using their free stock photos as the photos are not in the public domain. This website is an amazing source for free social media photos which can be used for social media campaigns, as backgrounds, text-based graphics, and etc.
6. Stockvault – This website hosts more than 30.000 royalty-free photos, graphics, designs from designers, photographers, and students around the world. You can either use the Free Stock Photos or the Premium Stock Photos, but as long as you stay on the Free Stock Photos, you will have access to a huge library of images to use for your social media purposes.
7. Kaboompics – This site offers high-quality and free photos which are available for personal and commercial use. The photos you will find on this website are modern, bright, and visually pleasing. Each photo comes with a color palette so you can plan your photos accordingly.
8. RawPixel – This website prides itself on having the most unique collection of stock images around. You will definitely find interesting and creative photos which can definitely fit your upcoming social media campaign.
9.ISO Republic – The main mission of this website is to provide high-quality photos which can be used by developers, designers, marketers, bloggers, and social media teams. There are different categories such as people, nature, architecture, urban, textures, and etc. that can help you find the perfect photo you are looking for.